Our specialized compounding pharmacists can customize individual treatments for dermatological issues that make up a wide range of the spectrum. We can prepare cosmetically appealing creams, topical sprays and powders, and a variety of oral delivery forms. We utilize specialized equipment that allows us to compound unique and high quality formulations. Below are few of the products that Pharmazenx specializes in:
- Skin and Wound Care
- Scar Treatment and Scar Gel Rx
- Topical Anesthetics
- Chemical Peels
- Barrier Creams
The skin is the largest organ in the human body and serves as a protective barrier for the body. Below are some dermatologic conditions that your custom compound may be prescribed to treat.
- Acne: a skin condition that causes pimples or “zits.” That includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red inflamed patches of skin (such as cysts).
- Actinic Keratosis: small, rough, raised patches found on areas of your skin that have often been exposed to the sun for a long period of time. Some actinic keratoses may develop into a type of skin cancer.
- Dermatitis: skin inflammation, but includes a variety of skin conditions. In most people, the early stages of dermatitis are characterized as red, dry, and itchy skin. More serious dermatitis may result in crusty scales or blisters that ooze fluid.
- Melasma: patches of dark skin that appear on areas of the face which have been exposed to the sun.
- Psoriasis: a skin condition that causes skin redness and irritation. Most people with psoriasis have thick, red skin with flaky, silver-white patches called scales.
- Vitiligo: a skin condition in which there is a loss of brown color (pigment) from areas of skin, resulting in irregular white patches that feel like normal skin.